TorkCraft - Digital Vernier Caliper
The Tork Craft Vernier Calipers are used to measure internal and external measurements
- Metric/Inch reading scale
- Accuracy of 0.1mm
- Low voltage warning
- Light weight and durable
- Make sure the workpiece being measured is clean and has no burrs on the edges.
- When measuring a workpiece in a lathe, ensure that it is switched off
- Keep precision measuring tools away from magnetic objects
WARNING: Using any tool can be dangerous. Always select the right tool for the job. Do not drop, engrave or bend
Digital vernier caliper
How to use and read a digital vernier caliper:
- Close the jaws completely and switch ON the vernier caliper.
- Press the ZERO button to calibrate the digital readout.
- Some digital vernier calipers have the option of selecting the UNIT from either imperial or metric. There are also digital vernier calipers available with FRACTIONAL readout (used when working with imperial units). Select the correct measuring unit.
- Open the jaws of the caliper and position both jaws firmly to the ends of the piece being measured.
- Tighten the locking screw so that the jaws don't move.
- Switch the vernier caliper OFF when not in use.
- This method can be used to measure:
- Depth by using the stem.
- Inner dimensions by using the inner jaws.
- Outer dimensions by using the outer jaws.
- The digital display will flash to indicate a low level battery.
Handling and care of vernier calipers:
- The inside faces of the jaws and the outside tips must be treated with great care. The tool will no longer give accurate readings if the jaws are bent or worn.
- Wipe the faces of the vernier caliper clean from dust or dirt.
- The accuracy should be periodically checked by measuring a known dimension.
- A vernier caliper is a measuring instrument and should be safely stowed away to prevent any damage that might occur.