Restore stripped threads easily and permanently with Tork Craft thread repair kits. Tork Craft application-specific thread repair kits make complex repairs simple and are often a recommended solution by automakers.
Tork Craft inserts are available in thread repair kits and sets for permanently repairing tapped holes which have been stripped or damaged due to wear, corrosion, and over-torqing. Kits are offered in various thread series. All our kits have a quantity of inserts, the proper size drill, high-speed steel Tork Craft tap, and installation tool.
Available in M4, M5, M6, M8, M10 and M12. Replacement inserts are also offered for the whole range in different lengths.
Let's make sense of the numbers:
M4 x 0.7 x 1.0D
M4: The Metric value of the required thread i.e. Metric 4mm
0.7: This is the pitch of the thread
1.0D: this is the installed length of the insert after installation.
Determining the installed length:
M4 x 1.0D = 4mm deep
M4 x 1.5D = 6mm deep
M4 x 2.0D = 8mm deep
Thus, the depth (length) of the installed insert will be the metric diameter of the thread (in this case M4) multiplied by the “D” value.
This kit includes 25 inserts for 6 mm deep/length threads.
- Repairs stripped or damaged internal threads
- Different kits available to repair threads from M4 to M12
- No engineering experience needed
- Protects tapped threads against wear and tear
Thread repair kits are versatile kits designed to repair stripped or damaged internal threads in various sizes that have been damaged by over torque, wear and corrosion. They include a collection of tools including a drill, tap, inserts, mandrels and more, ensuring you have all the required tools ready.
Each kit includes a variety of high-quality tools designed to assist with the task of repairing threads. Each kit includes:
- Drills and taps made from HSS (high-speed steel)
- Installation mandrel
- Tang break-off tool
- Thread inserts
How to use:
- Determine the thread size
- Select the correct kit for thread repair
- Use supplied drill bit and drill out the damaged threaded hole
- Tap (thread) the hole with the supplied tap
- Use the insert installation tool and screw the insert into the thread
- Use the supplied punch and break of the insert pin using a hammer.
- Install the bolt - DONE