TorkCraft - Auger Bit
Diameter: 4 mm
Length: 170 mm
An auger drill bit is used to bore holes in timber. It is great for drilling holes in thatch poles to insert threaded rods.
The design is very similar to a forstner drill bit, as it 'shaves' itself through the wood. A low rpm rotary drill with a planetary gearbox is required to be used with auger drill bits.
- For boring in all types of wood
- Sharp screw tip for precision drilling
- Drills clean, accurate holes.
- Screw tip guides/draws bit through material easily
- Wide flute allows for effective chip removal allowing deep drilling
CAUTION: Take care when drilling with auger drill bits. The auger drill bit tends to jerk the rotary drill when drilling. Keep the rotary drill steady with both hands to prevent wrist injury.
WARNING: Using any tool can be dangerous. Always select the right tool for the job.
|consider safety for your health and the people around you|
General safety suggestions:
It is advisable to always have the following items nearby and in a good condition